a slow christmas to you

Christmas is a funny time. Apparently, Australians buy more, travel more, eat more and waste more than any other time of the year. It can be a meaningful time but also a lonely time, even if you have a 20-member family that uses a rumbustious backyard cricket match to sort out who’s who. I think it’s because this time of the year, most of us are heavy with the year’s dramas and stresses and are on the brink of dropping the load. Yet we’re expected to saunter in to christmas lunch with bright faces and a stack of shiny gifts. Just. A. Few. More. Days.

via wickedfunnypictures

 Anyhoo, I hope you have a calm and restful festive season. I think this is what it should really be about – slowing down and resting. I’ll be cultivating restfulness all day by moving very slowly. That’s what I’ve decided. Tortoise Maria. If you’re up for a game of rumbustious backyard cricket with your family, I hope no one lands a ball on the head.

xx Maria

P.S Would love to know how you survive christmas?


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for a wonderful year of posts Maria. In answer to your question, I survive Christmas by consciously slowing down, & not buying into all the excesses; too many presents, too much food, alcohol etc. We make as many presents as possible, & I won't buy things unless I think they are really wanted, & will be used. I guess the main thing is to act consciously, rather than from ''shoulds.' I love having the time off, to spend with my family, and having no schedule to adhere to. I notice people forget they can choose to 'do' Christmas however they want, and automatically seem to go into people-pleasing mode, which leads to them to feel frazzled and put-upon... the opposite of the Christmas spirit...I wish everyone a peaceful end of year break.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing that Catherine.... love it. A wonderful holiday season to you!

      Delete

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author