my fave natural beauty tips

My Natural Beauty Guide has been out for almost a week - hopefully you've had a bit of a chance to browse through it (if you haven't got yourself a copy yet, simply sign up here). I thought I'd share which of the 'recipes' from my guide I use and love the most:

Just a friggin cute bunny. Via thedesigninspiration

Cleanse with Almond Oil
I give my face a deep, massaging cleanse with almond oil every few nights. I do it in the shower. It gets all the grime out and keeps my skin smooth and soft. I do it at night, before bed. It's soothing. I'm basically asleep as I dry myself off.

Prevent spots with Lavender and Thyme Skin Toner
I'm prone to breaking out from time to time, but since I've been using this toner twice daily, my spots have been few and far between. I use lavender from a neighbour's shrub, and thyme from my backyard.

Perk up with a Cacao Mask
I use this when I want a little pick-me-up. My skin feels tighter and looks more radiant afterwards. And the smell puts a little hop in my step.

Calm with a Marshmallow Mask
Marshmallow is one of the most skin softening and conditioning herbs around. Coupled with slippery elm, it acts to calm the skin and inject moisture. Great in this cold, skin-drying weather.

Eat (or drink) your greens
I eat veggies three times a day - breakfast, lunch and dinner. You just can't go wrong with green veg, such are their super anti-oxidant powers. When I know I'm going to be on the run and won't be getting as much green stuff as I'd like, I make myself a green Repair n' Glow smoothie. The avocado in it delivers a good amount of healthy fat too.

Have you had a chance to try out some of the tips in the guide? I'd love to know which you're liking...



13 comments:

  1. I love the guide! So easy to read and understand. I just have one question: how do you cleanse the skin with soapwort or yoghurt? Lots of love from Norway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marita

      Glad you like it! To cleanse with soapwort, you make up a solution, as per the recipe here: http://econest.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/why-i-love-soapwort-and-few-soapwort.html, then just wash your face with it as you would liquid soap. It doesn't sud up as much, but is still a very effective mild cleanser, and very softening.

      To cleanse with yoghurt, just massage into your skin, then remove with a warm damp face cloth. Leaves skin very soft and supple, and is especially great for dry skin.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Maria. I'll try to get my hands on some soapwort and give it a go. :) x

      Delete
  2. The guide is great. I was so excited to find it available last week. I had been checking on your blog daily to see if it was out. I have really sensitive and dry skin and have made up a mixture of coconut oil, olive oil, vitamin E and some rosehip. I love it, also have a small container I carry with me as a lip balm.

    I love your blog and am also in the process of trying to simplify my life. Thank you for sharing all your knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sophie, thank you, that's lovely. That mix sounds perfect. Glad you're enjoying the guide and my blog. Cheers - Maria xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Maria, I signed up to your Friday newsletters but can't figure out how to access your guide - I never received an email about it... is there a link around here somewhere? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess, that's no good! The sign up has a two-step confirmation process - first you click a link to confirm your email address, then you receive a final thank you email which is the email that includes the download link to my guide. Did this not happen for you? Perhaps give it another go, and if it still doesn't work, email me at econestblog@gmail.com and we'll sort it out. Thanks Jess. Maria x

      Delete
  4. I love the paw paw and slippery elm mask! It is divine and feels so luxurious when I put it on!

    Thanks for the heads up, my skin is so awake and fresh for the day when I use it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your Natural Beauty Guide - and your blog. I'm trying to find a cleanser that works as well for me as the manufactured ones. I find the oil cleansing too rich but things like castile soap are way too drying. I agree yoghurt is and excellent cleanser ingredient but I am hoping to find something that is less immediately perishable that I can keep in my bathroom for a few weeks. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen, glad you like it. Have you tried soapwort root? It's probably a good balanced alternative - made into a solution, it suds up just a little and is an effective cleanser, yet is very gentle and softening. To make it keep longer (as it does usually need to be kept cold or in the fridge) you could add a splash of pure alcohol, like vodka... age-old trick. Did you see this post on it? http://econest.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/why-i-love-soapwort-and-few-soapwort.html

      Delete
    2. I am yet to bite the bullet and grow soapwort. I think it is about time. I will let you know how I go. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Thanks! Pretty detailed and valuable compendium for me. I love various homemade ways to look good. I often use almond oil for my skin. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exfoliate your skin daily. Scrub away the dirt, pollutants, chemicals and toxins that get lodged in your skin – day after day. If you want a natural scrub then all you have to do is add white sugar grains to your favorite body wash. Of course, you will have to efficiently wash away and scrub off the sugar’s sticky feel.

    ReplyDelete

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author