So this is how it's going to be, for now.

Sometimes life goes exactly (or close enough to) how you want it to go. The bus arrives on time all week, your shit-bomb car comes back from the brink, your cake turns out perfect, everyone around you is happy, calm... you know. Things. Just. Work. And sometimes things just don't. This is how it is for me, at the moment. Things aren't working so well. They're jagged, bitsy, rough. 'Stuff' is happening. All out of my control. It's testing my capacity. And not in the 'oh look how resilient I am' kind of way.


Why am I sharing this? Believe me, I struggled with whether to do so. I didn't want to appear self-indulgent. But since gaps will soon start appearing, I figured what the hell. You know, rather than just suddenly being... vacant. Sharing is not something we generally do with strangers, let alone virtual ones, but it's what connects us as humans. We all have these moments, when life's just a bit of a struggle. And I don't want to feel so ashamed that I can't share it.

So here I am, sharing with you, that I'm currently a little inundated with life's happenings. I need to be there, be present, for the people I love. Something's got to give for that to happen. And that something has to be this blog. (Just a little). So for the next little while (and I can't say how long), my posts will be less frequent. I may not post every week. Or I might. It just depends on how life's travelling. That's just the way it has to be for now, until things settle. 

Saying that, I love writing this blog. I do it to share with you what I learn on this journey to a purer life, because I believe a simpler, purer life is what we all really want. And I absolutely love (LOVE) hearing back from you. I read each and every comment. Which reminds me... I don't want to post for the sake of posting. I want to make each post meaningful and useful. I'll be connecting more with experts, doing more interviews etc. etc. 

So,  less frequent (but meaningful). Until the waves around me settle, that's how it's going to have to be.

P.S Part of this whole 'pulling back so I can be there' thing is that I also need to spend a little time looking after myself. I'll be doing more things to nourish my innards, my soul. And part of that is eating the right foods. Which, I have to say, I mostly do anyway but now I'll be stepping it up. Like eating livers. Yes. More soon. Soonish.

P.P.S I also have a facebook page, and I tweet. Because those things are so quick and easy, I'll keep them up. If you like that sort of thing, follow here and here.

P.P.P.S I'm sorry, I can't find who to credit the above photo to. It's not mine. But it spoke to me. If you know, leave a comment.

6 comments:

  1. Good on you for your honesty, too often we feel that we have to soldier on with so many balls in the air, when we wish we could just retreat a little. I love your blog, it inspires me on my own sustainability journey and is a welcome addition to my inbox on a Friday morning.
    Some me-time is always a good thing, if you nourish yourself you are more able to be there for others and weather the storms of life.
    Good luck in your journey, I look forward to you being back on radar in the future :)

    Narelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best. Last year I pushed myself too hard trying to be everything I wanted to be and it took me a while to realise that all the change (eating habits, chemical free everything, homemade everything etc) was actually very stressful. Change is something best done at a slower pace. I still haven't learnt though, as this weekend i am planning to bottle organic produce (5kg tomatoes and 10kg peaches) for the first time with two little kids underfoot :o) We need to push our limits to find our comfort zone. Thanks for your great information and for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking after yourself is the only way you can look after others and operate as an effective and balanced human being in this complicated world. Not many people know or allow that to happen, so I am so glad you have found this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all, those comments have made me smile. I'll still be posting, I just know I won't be able to keep up the pace with all that's going on at the moment. But I love having this blog as a medium to connect with lovely people such as yourselves! So let's keep it up :) Lovely day to you all xx Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand feeling inundated by life's happenings. It sounds like you are doing all the right things, self reflection, eating well and putting time into healing your heart. Bless you as you do that. Too many people take the "easy" way out - ignore it and work hard. It's good to take time to be gentle on yourself in harder times. In the long run you will be healthier for it. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy some time...look forward to hearing from you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author