Packing a punch

Call me silly, but when I see a packing pallet on the side of the road, I get excited. Yes, I confess, excited! It's not a strange fetish, no, it's because when I see a packing pallet I see a coffee table, or a bedframe, or a shelving unit, or a potting table. With a little imagination and a hammer, the humble abandoned packing pallet can be converted into a rustic piece of furniture art.

Take a look at a few examples I've found over the past few days. I've been eyeing off a pallet near my office for weeks now... I think it's time I snaffle it!

Gorgeous colourful day bed. Love love love!


This has to be my favourite conversion... simple yet striking. It was designed by stylist Pia Jane Bijkerk. See her beautiful website here.


A very sweet shelving unit, designed by Claire Terry of Madame Fancy Pants.
Image via Design Sponge.


An inviting couch that has inbuilt magazine storage for those lazy Sundays. Genius.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author